Due to their multitude of potential benefits, dermal fillers and injectables are frequently offered by top aesthetic professionals around the world. Among their advantages is the simple fact that so many of them exist – from hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers to neuromodulators (dynamic wrinkle reducers) and beyond. With that said, how do you choose one? According to our board-certified plastic surgeon, Charles Perry, MD, many factors should be considered before you decide on an injectable or filler, including your ultimate aesthetic goals and the unique properties of your skin. Read on for a comparison of the injectable treatments we offer at Chrysalis Cosmetics.
If you are suffering from dynamic wrinkles, you may be best suited for BOTOX® Cosmetic. Named for its primary ingredient, a diluted form of botulinum toxin type A, BOTOX® Cosmetic is typically used to address dynamic wrinkles, which are caused by repetitive contraction of facial muscles. (Common examples of dynamic wrinkles include crow’s feet, forehead lines, and frown and smile lines.) The botulinum toxin can temporarily relax these muscles, preventing new wrinkles from forming and reducing the severity of existing ones. The results of this ultra-popular injectable generally last around three to four months before another treatment session is necessary to keep the effects going, though this may vary between patients.
Beginning in March 2023, Chrysalis Cosmetics will also offer Daxxify™ , a newly FDA-approved neurotoxin injectable. Similar in function and chemical makeup to BOTOX® Cosmetic, Daxxify™ can be used to curb moderate to severe frown lines, and results can potentially last up to one year.
Alternatively, your ideal injectable may be in the JUVÉDERM® family of products or in the Revance® RHA® Collection of dermal fillers. Like many dermal fillers, these products are composed primarily of hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the body to aid with hydration and collagen production. By binding to the water in the skin and lips, JUVÉDERM® and Revance® RHA® fillers can create a healthier, softer, smoother facial aesthetic.
At Chrysalis Cosmetics, we carry these dermal fillers:
- JUVÉDERM® XC, used to replenish volume and address fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, lips, and nose
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE®, specifically formulated to reduce nasolabial folds (which run from the nose to the mouth)
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®, designed to replenish volume in the midfacial area
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA®, which can plump the lips and target wrinkles surrounding the mouth
- RHA® 2, developed to reduce nasolabial folds and creases surrounding the mouth
- RHA® 3, able to target various dynamic wrinkles while simultaneously applying lidocaine, an aesthetic agent
- RHA® 4, often considered an excellent option for severe facial folds
- RHA® Redensity, RHA®’s latest addition, which can combat “smoker’s lines” or “kiss lines” around the lips
Although many patients benefit from either a dermal filler or neuromodulator, these injectables can also be combined for optimal results and more comprehensive facial rejuvenation. The best way to determine your ideal injectable is to schedule a one-on-one consultation with one of our experienced nurse injectors*. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact Chrysalis Cosmetics.
*Please note that if you wish to see Dr. Perry for injections, certain appointment delays and price differentials may apply. Contact our office for additional details.